The third pair of compression leggings I wanted to share with you were actually made before the other two pairs, when I was still tweaking the first but felt confident enough to cut into “good fabric” rather than the cheap stuff I keep around for sewing muslins. And what a fabric it is, too!
You know I love a good digital print, and that this one mixes in cityscapes and weird florals and cherry blossom trees made it all the better in my eyes. I bought this fabric at Spandex House in NYC years ago and instantly adored it. I had been shopping in the store for ages and was already checking out and then *gasp* I saw it near the till and had to add it onto my order immediately! But as happens with beautiful fabric, it sits a little too long in our stash waiting the perfect use. But I decided that a fabric this good deserved to shine in a very basic pattern, so it was Time.
I used an early version of our new Compression Fitting Bottom Block pattern, and, like the other pairs, I also added the back pocket from our Steeplechase Leggings pattern so I’ve got somewhere seure to put my phone.
I needed to take the knees and ankles in a bit more after I took these photos, but the alterations were incorporated into the final version of the block pattern so it shouldn’t be something you’ll need to do!