Now that you’ve learned to sew your own activewear, where can you get all the bits to make it even better than the ones you’d buy in the shops? Well, for cycling gear, this is mostly about the chamois pads and the grippy elastic!
Chamois (cycle seat padding)
- Aerotech (US) These pads are fantastic! They offer a huge range of options for men and women and the quality is fantastic.
- Shop of Goodies (AU) They offer two options but appear to be of good quality.
- Funfabric.de (GER) Men’s and Women’s pads are offered at a very affordable price. These are entirely foam (no gel) and what’d I’d consider to be moderately padded.
These are easy to sew into your leggings or shorts – instructions are included in our Duathlon Shorts or Rouleur Leggings patterns or also in the Cycling Shorts design of our “Sew Your Own Activewear” book on page 113.
Silicone elastic is great at keeping shorts or sleeve hems in place as you ride!
- Kleins (UK): style 1, style 2, style 3
- Sewing Chest (UK)
- MacCulloch & Wallis (UK) – picot-edged or regular
- SewSassy (US)
- Sew Active Fabrics (AU)
- Frumble (UK)
A great method to cleanly finish off your hems with silicone elastic is included in the Cycling Shorts design of our “Sew Your Own Activewear” book on page 113. (Seen above)
Know any more suppliers? Please get in touch!