Following on from the post “Thank you!” from a few months ago, I’ve now got three weeks to go before I go into hospital for my bone marrow transplant so I wanted to get my address up for any of you who’d like to send some boredom-relief packages.
Please read the earlier post for an idea of what I’m talking about here (it’s okay, I’ll wait. . . . . All done? Great!). In addition to all that, I will have my little red sewing machine and my Mac laptop (with low-bandwidth internet, but I can play any region DVDs) in my little room with me, if that helps with ideas.
- Please wrap all boredom-buster(s) individually inside the postal envelope, enclosing your name and email address inside! (as I will gather them all together in one place to open one each day so they’ll get separated from their envelopes and I want to know who to thank!) Newspaper/magazine/recycled flyers are more than fine for wrapping!
- It is extremely important that you do not send anything if you or anyone in your home has even the slightest cough or sniffle. Please wash your hands for good measure anyway before wrapping, too (I will have zero immune system and what would cause a slight cold for you will result in a serious illness for me on top of everything else!)
- I am not allowed any flowers or fruit you cannot peel (though, admittedly that’s probably more pertinent for in-person guests…) because of the chance of fungal infections.
- If you’d like to send a card, please hold off – I’ll post up my hospital address as soon as I’m in so they’ll come straight to me (I don’t want the nurses to have to deal with any early arrivals, and I don’t want my co-workers to have to lug in a ton of post for me, either!)
- Please forgive me if I sound like a bossy, ungrateful cow. 🙁
Address for parcels only:
(I’ve made this an image to hopefully reduce any bot scraping and so that it won’t be cached later after I remove it, but if you’re having problems reading it, please leave a comment and I’ll email it to you. I didn’t want people to feel they had to email me to get the address though, either)
From my experience, shipping from the US takes about a week, and if you can squish it into a padded envelope it’ll be a lot cheaper than the same thing in a box.
And again, please don’t feel like you have to at all! Boredom-busting emails during June and July will also be appreciated!