How awesome is the cover illustration I commissioned from Lauren Cox? I wanted to change up the design a bit for 2015, so I got in touch with her and I created a back cover for the first time as well!
The official pattern description:
These leggings have no inseams! Instead, a curved, outer seam runs from the back of the ankle up to the centre front, where it joins a separate yoke piece. There’s an optional, hidden back pocket, elasticated waistband, and your choice of three lengths: biker short, capri, or full length leggings.
I am seriously SO excited to finally release this pattern – I’ve made up so many samples for myself (and my athlete-model niece) and I even ran a half marathon in a pair on Sunday, too! Even if you’ve never had problems with inner-leg chafing, you’ll suddenly wonder how you ever managed without these – they’re just so comfortable to wear!
And if you’re an equestrian, then you’re in luck, because these are great for riding, especially if you add a little bit of silicone grip to the inner knees – which I’ve marked on the pattern for you, because these pieces look weird! Seriously, get your “WTF face” ready when you look at these pattern pieces, because I guarantee they’re unlike anything you’ve seen before! But they’re still super quick to sew up – most of my pattern testers said they only took 2-3hrs to make, including piecing the pattern together!
But don’t take my word for it, I pulled out some great quotes from my pattern testers (who will seriously hold me to account if anything’s not right, which is why I love them so much!):
- “This is the best out-of-the-‘envelope’ fit I’ve ever gotten with your patterns. These are amazing!!!!”
- “It’s ingenious. I like the seaming, the no inner leg seam, the fit. They ROCK!”
- “They are sooooo comfortable. I could sleep in them. Really.”
- “I thought duathlons were great but these are even better.”
- “Very clever pattern, quick and easy, works well”
- “I am prone to chaffing there since I have fuller thighs. I always wear biker style compression shorts under regular running shorts to prevent this I am going to make up these in the shorts for this purpose now!”
- “The design lines are really flattering.”
- “They sew up sooo fast.”
- “I made them up in just over three hours – that’s including trimming the paper and sticking it together, cutting out and sewing them up.”
- “Because it is such a quick, straight forward sew up, I think that’s what makes it so much fun to play with.”
- “It’s drafted so well that there really was no need for easing, the notches all match up. In fact the whole pattern in general just fit so nicely together, it was refreshing.”
Annnnnnd, by way of a launch celebration, I’ve got a coupon code for you all! Use SADDLE10 for 10% off all purchases from shop.fehrtrade.com until 25 March (my birthday!). (Paypal users take note that you’ll go quite far through the checkout process before the discount box appears, but it will!)
And of course, keep your eyes peeled here over the next few weeks while I show off some of the samples I’ve had to keep quiet for so long!