Because I’m a good wife, I promised James I’d make his reversible smoking jacket after I’d finished my peplum top (photos coming next week, sorry – it’s been impossible to organise a photoshoot around both our social schedules!). This week has been rather busy, even by our standards, but I did get two evenings to work on it, and so far I’ve completed the entire corduroy shell (including bound buttonholes and no less than three welt pockets!) and moved on to the interior. Or, because this is a reversible jacket, I suppose it’s just “the other side”.
The other, disco side.
If you recall this is Betabrand’s disco fabric and it seriously is as bright and loud as the photos on their site suggest. I had to cut it with the black side facing out just so I wouldn’t go dizzy cutting it!
Anyway, I’ve managed to cut all the disco pieces and even start constructing the patch pockets for that side of the jacket, but I did have some help… Nishi is very good at finding places to sit and purr happily in my tiny sewing cave, though less good at resisting the temptation to remove pins from my projects and run off with them in her mouth (I die! Give chase! Scold!), or not mess with those delectable threads hanging from the coverstitch machine…
It’s really a wonder I got anything done at all this week!