Here’s hoping I’m as productive in 2009 as I was in 2008! (Click the composite photo to zoom in, and have a look in the Gallery to read more about any of them…)
(Here’s 2007’s roundup, for comparison)
Highlights of 2008 include:
- Buying a serger and learning to master knits in the month of July
- Making a full tuxedo suit out of vintage wool
- Getting engaged and deciding what to do with my Granny’s vintage gown to make it mine
- Discovering Goldhawk Road (thanks, Anwen!)
- Making my first ever swimsuit
- Appearing in Burda WOF/burdamode magazine and big London papers The Daily Express and Metro!
- Making a man’s shirt to be proud of
- Using pattern companies I’d never sewn before: Patrones, Marfy, La Mia Boutique, Jalie, Knippie idee, and Prima
- Sewing much more for other people
- Recycled/upcycled/refashioned more
- Writing a project to be published in an upcoming book
I don’t keep track of yardage used vs bought like some sewers, but I thought I’d try my hand at a year-end tally of finished garments. The only unfinished objects are my winter coat and that Jean Paul Gaultier Patrones skirt from way back in February, which I don’t think is too shabby overall!
By my count, I believe I made:
- 26 tops
- 9 dresses
- 11 pairs of trousers
- 6 jackets
- 3 skirts (which really surprises me! I could’ve sworn I’d made more!)
- …and a lot of other things like swimsuits, fascinators, sleepmasks, pillows, placemats, etc
I’m not much one for resolutions, sewing or otherwise, but here’s to bigger and better things in 2009!